It seemed to be an epic day at Team Pursuit yesterday with all the plaudits due to CvK and her Teter teammates who twice broke the Womens TP record (Teter 2004). All the more remarkable was that Caitlin led the entire way. There is surely no better way to throw down a marker for the race.
It has been pointed out to me that I know little of what is going on at the track this year so these topics are generated from the excellent IDS_Little500 twitter feed. All you are the experts so I yield the comments section to you! Also throw in your race predicitons, 'tis the week...
- Delts win showing they are ready to rumble. The lack of riding MnO placed them below the radar a little but RJ Stuart is as good as anyone not called Young. What will there race strategy be?
- Sigma Chi, legit, ready to challenge.
- Cutters, arguably the best position, 3rd with no need to ride again! No white jersey in the race this year! From a few photos I saw it looked as though Kevin and Eric were pulling the most of the time. Weakness? Probably not, they had a TP nightmare last year and seemed to do Ok in the race
- DG only 10seconds behind Teter will be their biggest challengers. They need to throw everything they have at the other Teter girls to win.
- Nice to read that Chris West from PDT was back on track...the question is whether he can pull on the bars after an exchange....
- There appeared to be more wrecks than usual, clearly the heavy rain didn't improve conditions too much. These wrecks prolly cost Army a victory over Wing-it and cost DTD coach Ken some skin after getting run-into by an errant BKB! Hopefully no permanent damage by any of those injured riders!
Team Rev Christine- ouch! photo caitlin coar
4 days ago