Full Results here and the IDS report.
What I saw-
- CvK and by extension her Teter team are the real deal. CvK lead the entire way in both first round and the final. The final was a masterclass with her team-mates all hanging tough on her wheel with CvK watching Kappa the entire way and then picking it up in the last few laps as Kappa's train started to derail. The surprise of having the white jersey on the line in the final was an extra spur!
- Kappa are also it in to win it. The quals was clearly not a fluke for these four ladies. Like Theta they have no real sprinter but will be in the mix for sure.
- DG and Theta were as solid as we suspected they might be but seemed to be lacking a little with a clearly weaker fourth rider.
- Wing-it looked well drilled as you would expect from a team coached by 'The Dean', Went off a little fast but showed they'll be there or thereabouts next friday.
- Jennifer Balbach also lead the entire way for KD but clearly don't have the depth of Teter. If Jenna Cerone has chose to ride then these girls would have been a real big contender
- PDT was also the real deal. Burnworth, Sharp and Sovinski were very very impressive in both heats and in the final Chris West showing he can do a job for them as well. No-one else was close for more than 10 laps. Baxter was responsible for the rebirth of the 'push' as he gave a Sovinski a little nudge toward the line, soon to be copied by...
- ...the Cutters. Their run look an absolutely mess but even with Patches blowing up and Clayton pushing Lusk for much of the last two laps they still came 4th. A less talented team would have just made the top ten. They clearly started a little too fast and paid the price. I understand Young's helmet cam was burnt last night to remove the evidence.
- GGS were up on the Cutters for much of the way and looked good throughout but their time was a little disappointing.
- In contrast Sigma Nu looked faster than their time as their 3 riders seemed to be racing each other every time they pulled through.
- Don't sleep on BKB. 6th place lacking their fastest rider means that even though their spring series has been somewhat disappointed they are ready for action
Photo- Stephen Quay
3 days ago