Sep 7, 2012

Summer days...

So it's time for Cyclocross to occupy average cyclists all over the world (while the Pros still race road) so it's a good time to look back over the summer racing. What were the highlights of Bloomington-based racing? The lack of PROs in town means do you look to the top-class amateurs (Atwell, Knapp, Dewart) or the winning lower Cat riders (Gartner as Cat3 crit champ)? Was the Bloomington Crit the best day of racing? Were there great performances off of the road or maybe an epic effort in R.A.I.N or Decycles? Let us know your highlight but hey, try to keep it clean.

4 comments:

adamrodkey said...

One of the more impressive rides I saw this season was Dewart at (I think) Mooresville. I can't remember how he did, but he bridged a big gap to a very powerful break and rode with that break solidly. I was impressed by that.

Anonymous said...

I can't quite put a finger on it, but there is always a quality to the tone of your posts Geraint that never fails to scream "asshat!"

Geraint Parry said...

On occasion you may have a point. This is serious though, it's nice to get the story behind the stories... I guess there weren't so many this year!

Anonymous said...

Personally, I enjoyed watching Depasse suck. Only 1 top 10. Out of form and not intimidating for the L5 scene next year