5 days ago
Dec 28, 2009
Perserverance pays- Join Team Tortuga Now!
Team Tortuga, Bloomington's longest running cycling team is taking applications for the 2010 season! All riders are welcome in the team that mainly caters to road racers but has included mountain bikers and triathletes in past years. 2009 saw another successful racing season from many riders with a excellent efforts particularly in both masters and womens racing.
In 2010 we will again be strong in both those areas but are also encouraging riders to join out Cat 3/4/5 squads. We have a number of experienced riders that are willing and able to give guidance and advice to newer riders notably Tom Saccone who has extenstive experience riding at Belgium in the 80s and Gary Palmer who is one of the top Master road racers in the US. We hope to develope 'squad' based racing where riders of similar category and encouraged to attend the same events and hope to provide financial incentive for this sort of collaboration.
Membership forms can be downloaded from Teamtortuga.org and can be submitted in the next couple of weeks. Membership benefits include-
- 2010 short sleeve Louis Garneau jersey
- Discounted other 2010 clothing (very good quality gear!)
- Paid entry fees for selected events for regular racers
- Free/ cheap entry into the Team Tortuga organized Downtown Bloomington Criterium which is again applying to host the Indiana State Crit Champs.
- Opportunities for product deals for tires and other consumables through sponsoring bike shop, Bikesmiths.
- Opportunities to join quality group rides throughout the year
If you have any questions then please email me at email@example.com. Get that application form in asap and see you out on the road!
Posted by Geraint Parry at 6:15 PM