Temps in the mid 30s meant there were more riders out on the road. Apparently there is an 'ice-storm' coming this week that send people back inside. So what did we learn this weekend....
1. The coming man is Rob Smallman. Second in the Marian indoor TT means this former IU track guy has put down an early marker for this years race. The Hoosier Climber dudes are training hard and are no longer under the radar.
2. Army women looking to stwp it up to the next level in 2011 and are riding strong and beating some good Marian girls in the indoor TTs! Intriguing one of their riders DNF the TT, I hope she didn't crash!
3. Cutters seen riding their Little 500 bikes. Shocking!! My advice to others teams...follow their example, do specific training on those bikes. It ain't rocket science!
4. Good bike riders are easily spotted by the ease of their spin, not many here in town but I rode with one today.
5. Late nights are not good for recovery.
6. Sigma Chi are the latest team with a new jersey and look pretty 'fly'.
7. It's enjoyable to ride with big mixed groups. Over 10 riders from the Bakehouse both days, come join us in future!
4 days ago